Heidi Weipert is an Licensed Professional Counselor specializing in trauma recovery, grief and loss, domestic and sexual violence intervention and prevention, abuse and neglect, family conflict, self-injurious behaviors, depression and anxiety. Ms. Weipert is trained and experienced in play and art therapy for children and youth, cognitive behavioral therapy and dialectical behavioral therapy and family therapy.
With over 18 years experience as counselor, Ms. Weipert is currently serving as private practitioner working with a broad spectrum of clients of all ages. Ms. Weipert has presented at local and national conferences and to general audiences regarding topics related to child and adolescent mental health, trauma recovery, foster care and adoption, parenting and issues related to domestic and sexual violence. She has also been published in two college text books by Allyn and Bacon regarding domestic violence and child development. Additionally, Ms. Weipert has written articles for professional associations regarding topics in her area of expertise. Several West Michigan courts have qualified Ms. Weipert as an expert witness regarding child therapy and trauma.
Ms. Weipert is an interactive, solution-focused therapist. Her therapeutic approach is to provide support and practical feedback to help clients effectively address personal life challenges. She integrates complementary methodologies and techniques to offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each client. With compassion and understanding, she works with each individual to help them build on their strengths and attain the personal growth they are committed to accomplishing.
- BA in Psychology, with a Criminal Justice minor, from Saginaw Valley State University; Magna Cum Laude
- MA in Clinical Counseling from Central Michigan University, Magna Cum Laude
License, Certifications & Awards
- Fully licensed by the State of Michigan as License Professional Counselor.
- 2005 recipient of "therapist of the year" from the Michigan Association for Play Therapy (MIAPT).
- Advanced Certified Trauma Practitioner (ACTP) since 2000 by The National Institute for Trauma and Loss in Children (TLC).
- Diplomate Clinical Mental Health Specialist in Trauma (DCMHS-T) by the American Mental Health Counselors Association (AMHCA).
- Nationally Board Certified Counselor (NCC) by the National Board for Certified Counselors.
- American Association of Christian Counselors
- American Counseling Association
- American Mental Health Counselors Association
- Association for Play Therapy
- Chi Sigma Iota (National Honor Society for Counseling)
- Counselors for Social Justice
- International Association for Marriage and Family Counselors
- International Association for Trauma Professionals
- Michigan Association for Play Therapy
- Michigan Counseling Association
- Michigan Mental Health Counselors Association
- National Board for Certified Counselors
- National Society for Collegiate Scholars
- Psi Chi (National Honor Society for Psychology)
- The National Institute for Trauma & Loss in Children